After a dinner party we have some left over mussels that were cooked in white wine and herbs (recipe to follow). This is a quick instant meal that took approximately 15 minute from start to finish provided that your mussels are cooked and have a broth ready (yes, save that broth from your mussels!!)
Preparation and cooking time: 15 min
Angel Hair pasta – enough for two (depending on how hungry you are)
Cooked mussels – 10-12, de-shelled and ready to use
Broth – approx 1 soup ladle
Garlic – 1 glove, chopped finely
Basil – 1 stalk, tear into piece
- Bring water to boil, slightly soften angel hair in boiling water with gas/cook top turned off. Leave pasta in the hot water for approximately 2 minutes.
- Heat up a flat pan, pour in cooking oil (I use olive oil) and toss in the garlic in low heat (don’t burn it).
- Drop in mussels and allow it to heat up with the garlic infused oil
- Add in pasta, and about a ladle of broth. Allow pasta to simmer in the broth for about 5 minutes and reduced.
- To serve, sprinkle fresh basil leaves plus some fresh lemon juice 🙂
Tip 1: You can add a bit of vaporised cream into the sauce towards the end for a richer sauce. I prefer a lighter lunch after a big meal so no cream today.
Tip 2: Add in onion too if you like. I already have this in my broth so I didn’t add in extra today. I also have red chili already in my broth so it gives my pasta a bit of heat.